Thursday 16 May 2013

30. GD Typography



 
Pen and ink on A4 paper
 
When we addressed typography, our task was to put a single word onto an A4 sheet and choose  the appropriate font, colours, etc, to further define the word.  Every time our tutor repeated the word "word", I realised that that particular word meant a lot of things to me so I used the word "word" as my 'word'!  After messing around with it for a few days, I chose Baskerville (which I heard somewhere used to be seen as a font that indicated reliability).  I also chose simple black and white and then decorated the initial letter with a sort of zentangle that included a few of the definitions set out in the remaining three letters.  Again, I really enjoyed this task. 
 
My sketchbook now contains numerous patterns and designs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment