Sunday 17 November 2013

52. Yellow for Friendship


Still Life, oil on black gessoed panel, 6" x 6"

This was a gift for a friend's recent birthday.  She has shown us so much kindness over many, many years and I just wanted to create a token of our friendship for her. 

This time I used W&N Griffin alkyd oils.  I use them from time to time and don't mind them.  My first impression each time is that they are very thin and rather transparent but it just requires a few more layers to achieve more opacity in areas and, as they dry quickly, this is not a problem.  Now and then it needed a little 'Liquin Fine Detail' to increase the flow so I had a couple of 'high' moments - LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Hi SMV, this is beautiful, what a lovely gift to give someone!!
    Yes I did what Jack Vettriano, I love his work and I found the program really inspirational. Please email me, maybe we can go out painting together: azraiqbal2000@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Azra. Thank you for your lovely comments. Yes, I will email you.

    ReplyDelete