Saturday 30 July 2016

254. Manchester Art and Jazz - Nino De Elche

Pilot G-Tec C4 pen in
re-cased Seawhite sketchbook, 7.5" x 7.5" (x2)

This was not an 'urban' sketch because I only wrote the script above while we were out. The lead musician just poured out his soul and I felt it inappropriate to sketch while he was giving such a poignant performance. I just took a sneaky photo and drew from it on my return.

This gentleman spoke only in Spanish but I was able to understand a lot of it from my little knowledge of Italian. He, too, read some poetry but mostly sang, cried, gasped, etc., throughout the concert. 

The guitarist created amazing sounds by attaching little portable fans to the guitar and varied the effects by switching them on and off and changing the speeds. Molto interessante!

No comments:

Post a Comment