Saturday 21 October 2017

Inktober 2017 - 'Filthy'

Staedtler Pigment Liners (various) and Tombow Brushpen
in 7.5" x 7.5" Handmade Sketchbook

I resorted to using a ruler for the horizontal lines in the staves as my usual method of steadying my finger along the edge of the sketchbook was proving a little wobbly (someone's overtired!). I also did a pencil underdrawing and nowadays I no longer waste time with a pencil, preferring to dive straight in with the pen and ink.  However, it was driving me a little mad so I gave in in the end.

I Googled 'Horace Silver' and found an ancient photo of him playing, I also found an image of the 'Blue Note' 45rpm single and the sheet music. As I've used way less than 10%, I'm assuming it's OK to use it.

4 comments:

  1. I love this Sharon ,it really is one of your best sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the composition. What a great sketch, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete