Wednesday 19 February 2014

75. Colour Mixing: RT Rembrandt - Permanent Red Medium


Oil on paper, 9" x 12"

Again, I discovered some great mixes, useful for flesh tones, amongst other things. In the third column, I got very good Indian and Venetian Reds and in the fourth column, I discovered taupe, which took me back to the early '80s when I worked for a textile company who regularly used that colour in their fabric dyes.

The mixes on the top row are pure Permanent Red Medium, Permanent Red Medium with a touch of Permanent Yellow Light, PRM with a touch of Ultramarine Blue and PRM with a touch of both PYL and UB; on each chart that particular 'primary' is dominant in each of the mixes.  Going down each column, I've used increasing amounts of white to create tints.  I used the same tiny palette knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment