Sunday 11 September 2016

261. Jamaican Patty

Brown Pilot G-Tec C4 pen and Derwent Coloursoft pencils
in re-cased Seawhite sketchbook, 7.5" x 7.5"

The dot on top of the patty indicates that it is vegetarian, containing either soy or vegetable. Jamaican patties are the colour of saffron. My cousins found it highly amusing that I ate mine with a knife and fork; seems as though it was similar to eating a portion of chips (fries) with a knife and fork. Hmmm, I don't eat chips but if I did…

PS. This is my entry for Day 11 of Leslie Saeta's '30 in 30' Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I like this, you know why....because it shows a bit of everything you've been doing, drawing and painting. For some , it's unfinished work but for me I feel it's a privilege to see the before and after at the same time. And if I wanted to be funny, I would add "for the same cost". :) Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, thank you for these insightful comments. I hadn't thought of it like that at all; the whole thing is coloured pencil but I like to make it look like paint if I can. As it's in my sketchbook, I don't often colour the whole thing; just the focal point. I really appreciate your thoughts.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete