Thursday 9 January 2014

60. Day Nine: Drawing of Man with Eggs


Landscape, Mars Lumograph 100 2H pencil and Staedtler 0.1 'Fineliner' 
pigment pen on 10" x 8" stretched canvas


This is what I did on Day 9 of Leslie Saeta's '30 in 30' challenge but I shan't be posting it to her blog as I intend to do that when it has been painted; however, as I did some art on Day 9, I am posting it here.  It's proving difficult to complete a painting every day, go out to work and get a bit of sleep but I'm still 'as happy as Larry' because this challenge is again forcing me to create something every day - thank you so much, Leslie Saeta, you're a diamond!

I love drawing and this was no exception.  This time, however, I did use a ruler to get accurate lines on the building; I probably won't be too rigid with the paint though.

NB.  You may remember from post No. 56 that I'd ruined my salon picture by adding paint to it. Well, I had nothing to lose so I took a big brush and loosely painted over it with much warmer colours (W&N Cadmium Red, W&N Indian Yellow, W&N Naples Yellow Light, MH Unbleached Titanium, MH Phthalo Blue, MH Cobalt Blue (Christmas present!! :D :D :D) and some fast-drying Titanium White) and when my husband saw it later, he said "That's much better!"

Exodus 31:1-5 - Your art is a blessing and it's important - enjoy it. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment