Wednesday 22 January 2014

65. Day Twenty-Two: High Street, Black River


Oil on Pebeo canvas board, 10cm x 10cm (approx. 4" x 4")

Good morning everyone, eight days to go!  This is a scene that I regularly see when I'm in JA.  It is the High Street in Black River which runs alongside the sea. So what does that make this painting? A seascape? A landscape? An urban seascape? :D:D:D

This morning, the plan was simply to knock out a quick and loose(!) painting so I chose a palette knife and a small support. However, I get so lost when I'm doing any type of art that, without realising, it ended up with much more detail than I'd intended. Never mind, we've got something for Day 22 and that's all that matters, isn't it?

I'm working on a way of putting my initials into these little paintings less obviously as I don't want them to be a distraction but my colour shapers are too thick. Maybe a darning needle? Still thinking...

Have a good day everyone and thank you for visiting my blog, painters and non-painters alike. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment