Monday 5 January 2015

108. After Paul Cezanne: Painting - Still Life with Apples (1890)


(After Cezanne)
Oil on Pebeo Linen Canvas Board, 8" x 8"


The original painting by Paul Cezanne

Hi All. I've really enjoyed looking at the entries for Leslie's 30 in 30 challenge and can't believe how many people are involved this time. It's great to be part of it. Thank you to those of you who have taken the time to visit and comment on my blog, especially to Art Maine who added some verse - I love that!

Building on yesterday's drawing, above is my completed copy of Paul Cezanne's Still Life with Apples (1890), together with his original. Immediately below are some images of my work-in-progress.




8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! These Cezanne paintings are all very beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samara. I love your vibrant drawings and paintings and the variety of material on your blog.
      Sharon

      Delete
  2. Great idea to copy the Masters.
    Cezanne is one of my favorite and I like how you interpreted is still life with apples.
    Happy painting and looking forward to see the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martine; he's one of my favourites too. By the way, les Baigneuse aux bubulles are divine!

      Delete
  3. I really like your blog because it's so well organized and clearly set up. I also like your curiosity and experimentation. And of course, great paintings. You have me inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Annemarie; that's so nice of you to say so. I appreciate your lovely comments. Happy painting!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete